Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lemon Lavender Cookies



So last night I decided it was time lavender up a new batch of cookies! Flipping through some old recipes I copied from newspaper articles, I discovered a lemon lavender cookie recipe. Now this one called for powdered sugar and chilling and rolling.. just not really my thing for 8:00 at night. Plus I have yet to buy myself a rolling pin. I switched out some ingredients and added some white chocolate to create a VERY sweet cookie. I adore the texture and the flavor, but next time I think I'll cut down on the sugar a bit and add some more flour. For those of you with a high tolerance for sweets.. ENJOY!

Lemon Lavender Cookies
3 1/3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons plain yogurt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest plus a squeeze of lemon juice
3/4 cup flour (I used brown rice flour)
1/2 teaspoon lavender buds
1 square white baking chocolate chopped up (or 1/4 cup white chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 350. Beat butter, yogurt, and sugar together. Add in lemon zest, flour, and lavender. Mix well and add in white chocolate. Drop by tablespoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Press down with fork in that criss-crossy peanut butter cookie pattern. Bake about 15 minutes and cool completely

No comments:

Post a Comment