Monday, February 1, 2010

The Butter Files

Cinnamon agave walnut butter

So the past few days I have been experimenting with my Christmas present.. my brand new food processor. Now let me tell you - this thing is AWESOME! I have no idea how I got along without one for so long. It makes me feel like a kid in a candy store! It can do everything. Blend up soups, make hummus (which will be making a blog appearance of its own later on), and all sorts of nut butters! I'm still perfecting my recipe, so I haven't posted one yet. I have tried a raw walnut butter made with raw walnuts out of the freezer, extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon and agave nectar to sweeten it up. This one tastes amazing with cut up apples, though it was missing a little something. Tonight I tried roasting the wanuts over the stove with some ground ginger, salt, and a tiny bit of mango extract (courtesy of my mom through the Watkins she sells). After roasting I added them to the processor with some light tasting EVOO and a little agave nectar. This is also good, but next time I will try soaking or blanching the nuts before buttering them! Eventually I'll get this whole thing right, though I am enjoying eating the mistakes!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment