Sunday, March 14, 2010

Perfectly Paired



I love red wine, I love chocolate, why not combine them and create the perfect cookie? In honor of my Uncle and Aunt journeying to London, I opted to make these uniquely decadent cookies. My Uncle also loves red wine; it's nothing for us to sit and drink a whole bottle together. And to think, a few years ago I couldn't stand the stuff! Well, it's too bad I thought of making these the day after their going away party. Perhaps I can mail him a box of these awesome treats.. Well, until I am able to do that, Amanda and I will enjoy their chocolatey wine-ness! I used Cabernet Sauvignon, but your favorite red wine will do I'm sure. Enjoy responsibly.. ;)

Chocolate Red Wine Cookies
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Blend butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and wine. Mix in dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in chocolate chips. Drop teaspoon sized globbies onto a greased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. They harden up a bit as they cool, don't worry! They do, however, taste wonderful warm..

No comments:

Post a Comment